Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Rainbow of Riley Collars

As a dog owner, I want the best for my dog, such as good dental hygiene, nutritious food, frequent toenail trims, etc. But I also am obsessed about the aesthetic things such as good looking collars (among other things). Yes, I am obsessed with dog collars. I'm a frugal person, so I also only buy collars if they are on sale. So here is a collection of two years worth of collars I have gotten Riley to rotate in (also beneficial when I need to temporarily provide collars for foster dogs).

Personalized English Bridle Leather Dog Collar with Nameplate, $29-$34 from DogIDs.com
Leather collar, $8 on sale at Pet Food Express

Christmas nylon collar, $10 from Pet Food Express
Leather collar, on sale $8 at Petco
Martingale Collar, $9 from DogSupplies.com

Leather collar called "Swirl," on sale $20 by Paco Collars
Paisley nylon collar, on sale $6 at Petco

Riley's first collar: red nylon collar, $3 from Walmart. I still have it, and it's by far the most useful collar :)


So how do I manage to switch tags back and forth from collar to collar so easily? I use the  collar tag changer that can  remove tags easily by unclipping the buckle. $3 on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment